Kate’s hose… yay or nay?

Everyone’s been weighing in on the hose issue surrounding Duchess Catherine/Kate Middleton’s legs. During her recent trip, she donned nude pantyhose the whole time. Even with slingback espadrilles. People are most definitely taking sides, and I’m dying to know your thoughts!

But first, here are mine.

To be honest, I am not a hose girl. I was singing from the rooftops when Michelle Obama walked her fabulous bare legs into the White House. I think bare legs are more modern, and innately sexy. I get that Kate has to follow palace protocol, but in Los Angeles? Really?

Of course, we all don’t have the luxury of sculpted, flaw-free legs, and hose can really help a gal out when it comes time to dress up. They suck you in, add color to pasty legs, and can hide unflattering veins, scars, and other marks. But even with that said, I don’t know if I can jump onboard the stockings train. Sheer pantyhose will forever look dowdy to me. And the crotch itch factor, c’mon!

What are you thoughts on the matter? Should Kate be pulling on the hose? And if so, should it be with everything, including summery espadrilles?

Tell it like it is in the comments, or get it all out on FB or Twitter!

[tweetmeme] 6 Responses to Kate’s hose… yay or nay?
  1. Andrew
    July 14, 2011 | 4:34 pm

Her legs look sexy. That slight shine gets a man’s attention every time. Take two attractive women going bare legged and two others equally attractive with hosiery on, and you find the attention goes to those women with the stockings. Men love shiny objects and things that feel silky. A guaranteed foot and leg massage for the woman making the extra effort.
    Kate makes a very good effort.

2. bj butler
    July 15, 2011 | 12:12 pm

As in everything else in the world, it depends on the legs involved. If they’re young and smooth – go for the bare look. If they’re mottled and skin is not attractive, the slight cover of nude hose makes them appear a little better.

3. ReinnResauq
    July 15, 2011 | 7:07 pm

Bare legs have their benefits, but pantyhose just flat out look better. They can make ugly legs look tolerable and gorgeous legs look even more flawless. Sorry, if you’re wearing a short skirt, you NEED pantyhose if you want to look like you have any class. It’s just that simple.

4. Greg
    July 22, 2011 | 2:46 am

Holy Freakin Hot… I forgot how hot a woman’s legs can look. I have stopped looking at them, but I have been getting more intellegent while I haven’t been distracted.

5. Jason
    July 25, 2011 | 7:17 pm

Your question gets a big “yay” from this leg-man. For years now we’ve suffered through the bare leg look during which no women’s legs have looked as good as they *could* have if they were hosed. If the fashion industry and women in general are to re-discover the power of the female leg, it will be a leg in modern, sheer, comfortable, beautiful hosiery. Go Kate: you look great!

6. Suzy
    July 21, 2013 | 11:48 am

Totally agreed.
    Bare legs of women without pantyhose is Yuck!