It’s Friday again! Thank you, short week.
What are the best spring/summer accessories?
Seek out some colorful pieces of jewelry. Just a few bold necklaces and cuffs will make your casual summer ensembles really pop. And they don’t have to be pricey! Some of my favorites are from Forever 21 and Banana Republic. Now is also the time to look for different types of materials other than metal—wood cuffs, beaded necklace, fabric bracelets–as the season’s humidity can make your skin more irritated by metals. My red Marc by Marc Jacobs wood bangle (pictured above) has already gotten about 20 uses and it’s only June. I pair it with everything.
Also, a belt is an amazing summer accessory to keep on hand. Add to a normally flowy dress for a more cinched silhouette, or wear a long tank over a skirt and add a belt for a little edge. I wore this wide tan one with almost every single dress last summer, and plan to do the same this season.
What are 5 must-have pieces for this summer?
1. A really well-fitting swimsuit. Spend money on this, you will thank yourself. And steer away from buying a bunch of trendy suits. One classic one will suffice, and then you can play around with different styles of coverups.
2. White jeans. They will match everything in your closet, and will work for both day and evening.
3. A day dress. Whatever style, make sure it’s flattering, pretty, and easy to throw on and go. Think more neutral and you can jazz it up with funky jewelry and shoes.
4. Fun sandals. Colorful sandals will make summer dressing instantly fun.
5. Glam sunglasses. Just make sure they flatter your face shape!